QPIRG-McGill is looking for workshop, discussions, panels and film screening proposals for Lovers and Fighters: Social Justice Days 2014!!
Deadline for proposals: December 11th, 2013
Social Justice Days will be happening from February 10-14th, 2014! Intended to stimulate an alternative political culture in the McGill University community and beyond, Social Justice Days is about to mark its ninth year with a week of workshops, discussions, film screenings, and speakers discussing local and global issues. Social Justice Days testifies to the diversity of critical political engagement on McGill campus, and offers students concrete opportunities to get active in their global community. Social Justice Days is co-organized by the Quebec Public Interest Research Group (QPIRG) at McGill and the Students’ Society of McGill University (SSMU).
This is an open callout to individuals, working groups, campus groups and community groups to propose the workshops, art exhibitions, discussions, films screening and panels for Social Justice Days 2014, on the theme of Lovers and Fighters!
By Lovers and Fighters, we are thinking about things like:
• Harm reduction & sexual health
• Self care, burnout and mental health
• Organizing against rape culture at McGill and all forms of resistance! We’d love your proposals on fighting against gentrification, for migrant justice, towards environmental justice, and for dignity and justice!
If you or your group are interested in submitting a proposal we ask that you send us (QPIRG-McGill) the following information:
• The title of your workshop, film screening, etc.
• A summary of the goals/focus of the workshop, film screening, etc.
• A description workshop, film screening, etc., including time constraints
• A short (2-3 sentences) biography of the individuals or group presenting the workshop, film screening, etc.
We will be giving out stipends for all the workshops, films screening, discussions or panels that are selected.
Deadline: December 11th, 2013.
Please contact QPIRG-McGill for more information!
3647 University, 3rd Floor